A tasty musical gumbo with The Last Flight Out
July 2, 2013
WINTER PARK — Denver-based band The Last Flight Out, who describe themselves as "a tasty musical gumbo," will hit the stage from 6-8 p.m. this Friday, July 5, at Cooper Creek Square's Music On The Mall.
Veteran player "Gunny" Jeff Norman and the "spirited" singer-songwriter Julia Bryan will be serving up a tasty combination of bluesy country originals and cool familiar hits. Gunny, is old school, with an Eric Clapton whiskey voice, and Julia, an old soul, is blessed with the ability to reel in vocal textures the likes of Bonnie Raitt, Sarah McLachlin, and Adele, making for a musical odd couple like none since the pairing of Allison Kraus and Robert Plant.
When Gunny and Julia hit the stage with their band mates Carl "Dubba" Holz on the drums and Marcie "The Mauler" Norman on keys, The Last launches audiences of all ages on an exciting ride of bluesy, country originals and cool new takes on familiar hits from James Brown to Led Zeppelin. For a little "pre-flight" visit thelastflightout.com.
Music On The Mall is a summer concert series held every Friday through August 31, from 6-8 p.m. at Cooper Creek Square in downtown Winter Park. The series is free and open to all ages. For more information go to coopercreeksquare.com or call 970-726-8891.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- Discovery Channel’s Gold Rush, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- New ‘destination’ light show planned to brighten downtown Winter Park
- Hot Sulphur Springs man injured after falling wire knocks him into window