Cello Club announces farewell concert
July 28, 2015
The Grand County Cello Club "Cellobration" will present one last free concert on Friday, July 31,at 7 p.m. at St. John's Episcopal Church before members disappear to California, Indiana and Salida.
The group was formed in early 2008 by Roger Shaw and his students. It has been meeting almost weekly since and has developed into a stable group worth hearing. For the past several years Michele Simmons, Lisa VonderHaar, DeVonna Wolfe and Shaw have enjoyed working together to steadily improve in all aspects of ensemble playing.
Their repertoire is wide ranging, including a John Phillip Sousa march, a rumba, the Prayer from Hansel & Gretel, a Charleston, I Feel Pretty from West Side Story, a symphonic excerpt, God Bless America, a hymn tune or two and much more. If you enjoy hearing a cello, come and find out how rich four of them sound together.
Comments from a recent program presented at Cliffview Assisted Living Center included "You folks can come ANY time." And "Ah, that's one of the GOOD groups."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- Grand County police blotter, Oct. 12 – Oct. 18: Horse falls out of trailer; nobody stops for accident victim
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Discovery Channel’s Gold Rush, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Hot Sulphur Springs residents awake to find brown tap water