Funky, untamed improvisation, Woodshed Red
August 26, 2016
Woodshed Red hails from the Colorado Springs area and performs all over Colorado and its neighboring states. Comprised of guitar, fiddle, stand-up bass and drums from varying musical backgrounds; the group came together in 2013 and began covering a wide variety of genres. Inspired by bluegrass, blues, funk and rock and many eras of music, the band members have incorporated their individual styles to create their own unique sound. The instrumentation of Woodshed Red generates an upbeat positive grassy sound, intertwined with funky, untamed improvisation.
The band plays from 6 to 8 p.m. at Cooper Creek for Music on the Square, Friday, August 26 around the courtyard fountain and under the lights.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law