Grand County Artist: Susan Reed
May 12, 2016
What is your day like when working on your art?
It is always hard to get started painting. I have to fool my brain and go into the studio under the guise of cleaning or arranging things and before I know it I have brush in hand and I've started in on my painting. Once underway all time is lost and painting problems are being solved. I love the all consuming feeling I get and the complete loss of time. I think it is what athletes call The Zone.
What is the best part about being an artist in Grand County?
If I am outside painting it is the peaceful feeling you are surrounded with, perhaps that is the best part of being in Grand County, the beauty and peacefulness. Literally a painting everywhere one looks! We came to the mountains when my husband retired. I can paint anywhere so why not here where I came as a little girl with my family to fish at what is now the Bar Lazy J Ranch. Maybe that is where I caught the the painting bug! Isn't it Grand!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Local ladies open two new shops in downtown Granby
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Travel 700 mph through the Rocky Mountains? It’s now a possibility with Hyperloop One
- Man high on LSD allegedly assaults Rocky Mountain National Park ranger