Grand Lakers celebrate signing of U.S. Constitution
September 17, 2013
GRAND LAKE — A week-long event in Grand Lake is centered on celebrating the signing of the nation's most revered document.
The Constitution of the United States was signed on Sept. 17, 1787. Although the 4th of July in 1776 became the birth of our nation and our independence from England, the Constitution is what defined our nation and its people.
For the second year, Grand Lake has been one of the few locations in the nation celebrating the signing of the Constitution.
The event includes notable speakers, bar and restaurant trivia, games in the park, a parade, a 5k run or walk, and fireworks. The public is invited to participate in the free Constitution Week events mostly sponsored by local businesses. Everyone is encouraged to show their patriotic spirit by decorating their homes and storefronts in red, white, and blue.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Oct. 16 tax deadline creeping up on extension filers
- Veteran Army combat medic sprung into action when teenage girl fell from fourth-floor hotel balcony in Glenwood Springs
- Colorado doctor: Health effects of living in mountains unknown to medical establishment
- Mustangs complete third straight shutout in win over Rangely
- Cause now known for last week’s Broken Arrow Motel fire