Jazzy trio kicks off Winter Park’s Jazz Fest weekend at Music On The Mall
July 17, 2014
Winter Park – Music On The Mall at Cooper Creek Square in downtown Winter Park will kick off Jazz Festival weekend with local trio Tight Like That on Friday, July 18, from 6-8 p.m.
The band's pianist Brad Pregeant and vocalist/flautist Lynnéa Godfriaux met in New Orleans many years ago when a mutual friend put them together in a band, and they've been writing songs and playing in various band together ever since. They won Best Jazz Album for "In Black and White," an ode to their experiences in New Orleans, and have been lauded for original songwriting by the likes of Ella Fitzgerald's renowned trombonist, Allen Hermann. They've shared stages with The Neville Brothers, Lionel Hampton, Dr. John, The Pointer Sisters, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band and many other music greats.
Versatile drummer Patrick Brower lays down the rhythmic foundation in Tight Like That. Brower is well versed in many styles, including funk-fusion, jazz, rock and more, and has backed Wet Willie's front man Jimmy Hall for the Grand County Blues Society.
Tight Like That will be performing songs from their new acclaimed album entitled 'Keep On Singin' along with other work from previous albums.
Music On The Mall is a summer concert series held every Friday through Aug. 29 from 6-8 p.m. at Cooper Creek Square. The series is free and open to all ages. For more information visit http://www.coopercreeksquare.com or call 970-726-8891.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Oct. 16 tax deadline creeping up on extension filers
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- Veteran Army combat medic sprung into action when teenage girl fell from fourth-floor hotel balcony in Glenwood Springs
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Looking for a shoulder-season escape? Here are 5 small-town getaways in northern Colorado