Kate Moss is the real deal from the Windy City
June 14, 2013
Once every now and then, an artist shows up with a dedication to a style that may have been familiar and then lost down through time. Chicago styles are known to be a few and distinct. When I first started listening to Kate Moss I wondered why it spoke to me so completely. I then realized that it resembled some of my heroes from a long time past, some that I had forgotten and some that I forgot to look deeper into.
Now I'm educated in the music I always loved, and I can't get enough of it. Magic Sam and Freddie King, and even her pal Lurrie Bell have inspired Kate to keep those guys on the iPods and turntables. I watch the audiences respond to the groove, and that's when you know it's doing something besides taking up a few bars and rides. Kate is the real deal from the Windy City, past and present. If you don't get to go to one of the true blues cities in the country then we have a big treat for you. Blues From The Top is where you can get your education over a 4-day stretch. Kate will be all over town for a few days making "magic."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Oct. 16 tax deadline creeping up on extension filers
- Veteran Army combat medic sprung into action when teenage girl fell from fourth-floor hotel balcony in Glenwood Springs
- Colorado doctor: Health effects of living in mountains unknown to medical establishment
- Mustangs complete third straight shutout in win over Rangely
- Cause now known for last week’s Broken Arrow Motel fire