MPHS Honor Band and Choir prep for Nov. concerts
November 3, 2016
The Middle Park High School (MPHS) Honor Band and Honor Choir are preparing for a pair of concerts on the road this month in Aspen and Grand Junction.
The MPHS Honor Band will head to Aspen this weekend to participate in the Northwest Colorado Honor Band event, taking place Nov. 4 and 5. The Honor Band Concert, including students from multiple schools throughout northwestern Colo. is free and open to the public and will be held Nov. 5 at the Harris Concert Hall in Aspen.
Earlier this year a total of seven students from MPHS auditioned for the Northwest Colorado Honor Band: Mark Knight, Alyssa Fawkes, Ana Makowski, Megan Life, Dawson Grabner, Patton Oehler and Grace Johnson. All seven were accepted into the prestigious high school musical cadre and will perform at the combined honor band student's concert.
Later this month, on Nov. 13 and 14, five members of the MPHS Choir will travel to Mesa State University in Grand Junction to participate in the Colorado Choral Directors' Honor Choir event and concert. Those five MPHS students are: Matthew Hardman, Karmen Reynolds, Kiyah Woodward, Evan Olson and Shayna Hickox.
The Honor Choir Concert will be held at 7 p.m. at Grand Junction High School on Monday Nov. 14. There is a five-dollar fee to attend.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- First phase of new Granby park nears finish
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Hot Sulphur Springs residents awake to find brown tap water