Sasquatch Mountain Project plays at Music in the Mall
June 24, 2013
WINTER PARK —The Sasquatch Mountain Project, a favorite local band, will be kicking off the Music On The Mall concert series from 6-8 p.m. this Friday, June 21 at Cooper Creek Square.
The Sasquatch Mountain Project will be performing originals and covers that inspire dancing and singing. The band expanded to include Steve Purett on percussions and Micheal Turner on bass, with other band members Scott Torello on mandolin, Tim Hubbard on acoustic guitar, and Joe Rooyakkers holding down the rhythm. Each musician influences the band's sound, from roots based country to classic and current jam based rock. Together they make an interesting blend the band likes to call "Americana Jamgrass." They cover the likes of Johnny Cash and John Prine, as well as Neil Young, Led Zeppelin and Blind Mellon, to name a few.
Music On The Mall is a summer concert series held every Friday through August 31 from 6-8 p.m. at Cooper Creek Square in downtown Winter Park. The series is free and open to all ages. For more information go to http://www.coopercreeksquare.com or call 970-726-8891.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- First phase of new Granby park nears finish
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Will DeLay: Burgeoning football star, MPHS Homecoming King