Scary Story contest, stories due Oct. 15
October 4, 2016
The Grand County Library District announced its 29th Annual Scary Story Contest for elementary students. This is an activity designed to help children develop literacy skills and channel creative imaginations.
Stories must be 100 to 500 words in length. Entry forms are available at your local library. (Younger students are encouraged to obtain parental assistance.)
Stories are due by Saturday, October 15.
Every writer who submits a story will receive a creepy prize and is invited to attend a free Halloween party (costumes are optional). Awards and exciting prizes will be given to talented authors.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law