‘Tops of the Rockies’ returns to the Grand Lake Yacht Club on June 29
June 13, 2013
GRAND LAKE — A unique event benefitting programs of Grand County Libraries is taking place at the Grand Lake Yacht Club. "Tops of the Rockies" will be held from 5:30-8 p.m. on Saturday, June 29.
Many unique tabletops are featured at the event, each decorated with the theme of a book. This year some of the themes include "Peter Pan," "Man's Best Friend," Wildflowers and Watercolors," "Loaves and Fishes," a Devil's Thumb sportsman's table, and a Victorian Dollhouse.
The kit for the "Victorian Dollhouse" was accepted by Roger and Joan Shaw from a local donor and they spent over 120 hours assembling the house. It will be the centerpiece of the "Friends of the Library" table. It will be on display at the Juniper Library on June 7 until the day of the event.
The evening also includes wine tasting in souvenir wine glasses, light hors d'oeuvres, and great jazz by "Tight Like That." The highlight of the evening is the auctioning off of very creative tabletops.
Advance tickets are $55 and can be purchased at any of the Grand County libraries in person or checks can be made out to the Friends of the Library and mailed to P.O. Box 1050, Granby, CO, 80446. Another option is online at gcld.org; click on the "Tops of the Rockies" link. Tickets will be available at the door for $65.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- First phase of new Granby park nears finish
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Hot Sulphur Springs residents awake to find brown tap water