Acords celebrate 55th wedding anniversary
September 22, 2009
Mr. and Mrs. Donald Acord recently celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary. At the celebration were their five children, Terry (Steve) Zupan, Polly (Gary) Allison, Michael (Kim) Acord, Pat (Cathy) Acord and Kelli Acord. Many of their 13 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren were also in attendance. Mrs. Acord’s younger brother, Doug (Patty) Cody and close friend, Cookie Alexander, also attended the celebration.
The Acords were married Sept. 11, 1954, in Grand Lake. Don Acord retired from the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation and is currently self-employed. Shirley is retired from East Grand School District.
They have made their home in Granby for the past 41 years.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- First phase of new Granby park nears finish
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Hot Sulphur Springs residents awake to find brown tap water