Adams Tunnel diversions halted
November 8, 2012
Maintenance season for the Colorado-Big Thompson Project begins this November, with water diversions through the Adams Tunnel stopped on Nov. 5, according to Kara Lamb, spokesperson for the Bureau of Reclamation.
“This will temporarily slow the draw on Granby Reservoir because we will not be pumping up to Shadow Mountain Reservoir and the tunnel,” Lamb wrote in an email to interested parties. “Releases from Granby to the Colorado River should remain at or above 20 cfs at the Y gauge for the rest of the calendar year.”
All annual maintenance projects scheduled for this fall on the C-BT Project on the eastern side of the Divide start to wrap up the week of Dec. 7 through Dec. 14. At that time, diversions through the Adams Tunnel are scheduled to resume.
Trending In: Announcements
- Grand County police blotter, Feb. 15-16
- Texas teenager’s death at Winter Park Resort the state’s 5th skier death of year
- Winter Park man charged with vehicle theft
- Grand County vets fellowship with 21st century soliders at Warrior Bonfire Program
- Mother of child allegedly left on Granby Ranch lift rebuts denials