Bessie Minor Swift Foundation grant helps publish Grand County book
February 8, 2017
Bessie Minor Swift Foundation awarded a grant to the Grand County Historical Association to help underwrite the publishing expenses related to a new children's early reader full color picture book about Grand County history.
The new book, called A to Z: Your Grand County History Alphabet, combines historic and contemporary photographs with unique history. Each letter of the alphabet has a page. A is for Airplanes and Airports. B is for Brands, all the way to Z which is for Zephyr and Zerex.
Local author, Penny Rafferty Hamilton, donated her time and talent to create a fun book for children and families to enjoy together. Tourists and locals are encouraged to "Explore More" because Grand County has a number of free, local heritage projects. This new book is available on-line at http://www.amazon.com and will be available throughout Grand County retail locations soon.
A reminder that 100 percent of the proceeds go to the Grand County Historical Association for historic preservation projects.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- Grand County police blotter, Oct. 12 – Oct. 18: Horse falls out of trailer; nobody stops for accident victim
- Discovery Channel’s Gold Rush, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Hot Sulphur Springs residents awake to find brown tap water