Busses will run until 2:30 a.m. in WP
May 4, 2016
During their regular meeting on Tuesday, May 3 the Winter Park Town Council agreed to keep regular bus service running until 2:30am every night, all year long. The Council did indicate that bus schedules in the future could change based on ridership levels, economic trends and other considerations and that they will make every effort to inform the public well in advance of any necessary changes.
Prior to the decision, Drew Nelson, Winter Park Town Manager said the decision to curtail late-night service stemmed from a survey distributed to members of the Winter Park-Fraser Chamber of Commerce.
"Overwhelmingly, there was support in that survey for ending the service a little bit earlier," Nelson said. "However, a lot of those businesses were not late night business."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Letter to the editor: Constitution Week and Sharia law