Centennial man suffers injury from boat propeller on Grand Lake
May 31, 2012
GRAND LAKE – Jason Mazzoni of Centennial was injured on Saturday, May 26, when he was thrown out of his boat as it hit a wake from another boat on Grand Lake.
Mazzoni suffered lacerations to his leg from his boat’s propeller when he slipped off the bow and went under the boat as it was stopping.
Grand County EMS, Grand Lake Fire, and a Grand County Sheriff’s deputy responded to the 9-1-1 call at 6:31 p.m. on Saturday. Mazzoni was flown to a Denver hospital by North Colorado Med Evac from the Grand Lake Elementary School parking lot.
Grand County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating, pending follow-up with the injured party, according to Sheriff’s officials.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- First phase of new Granby park nears finish
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Will DeLay: Burgeoning football star, MPHS Homecoming King