Coffee With A Cop in Granby
October 7, 2016
Today is National Coffee With a Cop Day and Grand County law enforcement hosted an event for the community at Java Lava from 3 to 6 p.m.
“It’s important to do community events like this,” said Brett Schroetlin Grand County Sheriff.
“We want the community to come and ask us questions in a social environment.”
The idea is that the community comes to know the officers and deputies so when things come up we have a great foundation and partnership to tackles issues together, said Schroetlin.
Bill Housely, Granby Police Chief said it is wise and appropriate to do this event; for officers and citizens to sit down together.
“We want citizens to know us as people; it’s critically important,” he said.
After today’s event they will evaluate how it went and decide when and where to host the next Coffee With A Cop. The hope is to have it in different towns each time.
Trending In: Announcements
- Grand County police blotter, Feb. 15-16
- Texas teenager’s death at Winter Park Resort the state’s 5th skier death of year
- Winter Park man charged with vehicle theft
- Grand County vets fellowship with 21st century soliders at Warrior Bonfire Program
- Mother of child allegedly left on Granby Ranch lift rebuts denials