Expect delays on Interstate 70 near Georgetown
May 21, 2013
Expect delays on I-70 near Georgetown
I-70 Traffic Stops in Georgetown area; Lane Closure west of Idaho Spring
Daytime traffic stops and lane closures are taking place on Interstate 70 at Georgetown Hill and at Fall River Road near Idaho Springs next week for rock scaling and fence installation, weather permitting.
Traffic stops will be taking place from 10 a.m. to dark, Tuesday through Thursday, with stops of 20 minutes on eastbound and westbound I-70, about twice an hour
The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) must stop traffic whenever rock work is taking place above the highway to maintain safety through the area for the traveling public.
CDOT anticipates that this is the final week of rock work until late 2013. Sporadic lane closures remain a possibility for the last week of May if any more mitigation is necessary.
Trending In: Announcements
- Winter Park man survives life-threatening heart condition
- Grand County police blotter: Burned food at Granby senior center draws fire fighters
- Grand County coroner releases cause of death for Winter Park Resort skier
- Grand County police blotter: Dog bite results in ER trip
- Federal environmental study could bring big changes to Three Lakes System