Feinstein challenge puts food on tables through Mountain Family Center
April 1, 2014
For the 17th consecutive year, Alan Shawn Feinstein will divide $1 million among nonprofit hunger-fighting agencies nationwide using it as a spur to help raise funds.
The more food and financial donations made to Mountain Family Center from now until April 30, the more of the Feinstein challenge money the Mountain Family Center will get. Many agencies in past years have increased their donations to two or three times their usual returns this time of the year by using this challenge.
$1 million dollars will be divided proportionately among all participating agencies complying with the above (a minimum of $250 and a maximum of $35,000). Feinstein's past annual spring $1 million challenges to fight hunger have raised over $2 billion for more than 1,800 agencies and houses of worship nationwide helping the needy.
Donors who participate in the campaign become partners in the most successful ongoing grassroots effort ever to fight hunger.
Mail donations to the Mountain Family Center, P.O. Box 638, Granby, CO 80446, or drop off donations at their location in Granby at the former Centura Health medical center.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- Fraser mulls registration program for short-term rentals, sales tax drop
- Discovery Channel’s Gold Rush, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots