Fraser Elementary student art
May 19, 2016
Kindergarten through fifth grade art work is displayed in the community room at the Fraser Valley Library. The display opened on May 5 and will close on May 22.
The art work on display is one piece each student was most proud of from the school year, said Shelley Madsen, Fraser Valley Art Teacher.
On Wednesday, May 18 Madsen brought Ms. Cormican's third grade class to view the artwork. The class had to spend the first five minutes looking at all the art work (and not talking). After five minutes they were instructed to find their favorite piece and write on a pink card what they loved about the art work. The second assignment was to ask a question to the artist on an orange card such as where did you get the idea.
Fraser Valley Library hours this weekend: Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. to view the student's art.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law