Grand Lake fire station hosts open house Oct. 1
September 25, 2008
Grand Lake Fire Protection District will be hosting its annual Open House and Community Barbecue for all fire district residents on Oct. 1, Wednesday, to celebrate Fire Prevention Week.
There will be activities and giveaways for all ages; station tours, information on wildfire mitigation, fire extinguisher training, bratwurst, hot dogs and refreshments. There will be a visit from Smokey Bear and Sparky the Fire Dog along with representatives from other local agencies to share what they do for the community.
Thanks to some help from federal grants, parents can earn free smoke detectors and kids can earn a bundle of give a ways including fire hats, key chains, erasers, stickers, magnets, rulers, pencils, yo-yo’s and a special prize upon certificate completion.
The Open House will be held at the Town Fire Station (201 West Portal) from 3 to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 1. Stop by and learn more about how to keep our homes and our children “fire safe”. If nothing else, stop by for dinner and just say hello. Call (970) 627-8428.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- Grand County police blotter, Oct. 12 – Oct. 18: Horse falls out of trailer; nobody stops for accident victim
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Discovery Channel’s Gold Rush, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Hot Sulphur Springs residents awake to find brown tap water