Historical Assoc. presents Nature Chat with Charles Clayton
July 2, 2013
FRASER— As part of First Friday Art Walk in the Fraser Valley, the Grand County Historical Association presents a Free Nature Chat with Charles Clayton at 6 p.m., July 5.
Taos, N.M. resident and Fraser native Charles Clayton is working slowly-but-surely on a book about the Fraser Valley. He recently completed a chapter on the local geology, and will be sharing his knowledge of the valley's geological past and present at Cozens Ranch Museum.
Expect to hear about rocks, ice, earthquakes and erosion, with a couple of deadly meteors, lots of drifting continents and a visual menagerie of strange and terrible creatures thrown in for good measure.
For information, call 970-726-5488.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- First phase of new Granby park nears finish
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Hot Sulphur Springs residents awake to find brown tap water