Historical Association annual dinner
November 9, 2012
Ranches, horses and the rodeo helped shape the American west and Grand County played a role in the rich western history. Did you know Grand Lake held a very popular rodeo competition in the early years? Wranglers would come for miles around to compete for the $70 prize purse.
The annual Grand County Historical Association dinner is this Saturday, Nov. 10 at the Inn at SilverCreek and the theme is ranches and rodeos, a 100-year celebration. A dinner will include a presentation, interesting speakers, memorabilia, artifacts and photos from the early years, plus a panel of rodeo and ranch professionals to share their Grand County stories.
Cocktails are at 6 p.m. and the dinner is at 7 p.m. Call Kristi at Cozens Ranch for reservations. 970-726-5488.
Trending In: Announcements
- Winter Park man survives life-threatening heart condition
- Federal environmental study could bring big changes to Three Lakes System
- Grand County police blotter: Burned food at Granby senior center draws fire fighters
- Grand County coroner releases cause of death for Winter Park Resort skier
- Fraser River restoration project will get underway this summer