Historical Association annual dinner
November 9, 2012
Ranches, horses and the rodeo helped shape the American west and Grand County played a role in the rich western history. Did you know Grand Lake held a very popular rodeo competition in the early years? Wranglers would come for miles around to compete for the $70 prize purse.
The annual Grand County Historical Association dinner is this Saturday, Nov. 10 at the Inn at SilverCreek and the theme is ranches and rodeos, a 100-year celebration. A dinner will include a presentation, interesting speakers, memorabilia, artifacts and photos from the early years, plus a panel of rodeo and ranch professionals to share their Grand County stories.
Cocktails are at 6 p.m. and the dinner is at 7 p.m. Call Kristi at Cozens Ranch for reservations. 970-726-5488.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Local ladies open two new shops in downtown Granby
- Travel 700 mph through the Rocky Mountains? It’s now a possibility with Hyperloop One
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Man high on LSD allegedly assaults Rocky Mountain National Park ranger
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law