Learn Photoshop for better photography
May 1, 2014
Grand County's Alpenglow Camera Club is offering a series of workshops on Photoshop for photography. These workshops are open to all interested shutterbugs. Three sessions will be taught by local graphic artist, Lisa Bornfriend, from Firebird DesignWorks.
The first workshop will be held at the club's next monthly meeting at 7 p.m., on Wednesday, May 7, at the Granby Library. Learn the basics of Photoshop, including tools to improve the quality of a photo and best practices for file types, organization, and workflow.
The second workshop, at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, May 21, and third session, on Wednesday, June 4, will utilize skills learned in the first session to go more in-depth on what you can do with Photoshop.
Space is limited, so RSVP to 970-531-2031 or email@example.com. If you want to follow along, bring your laptop with Photoshop (a free trial is available from Adobe.com). Members of the photo club will be able to take advantage of these workshops at no charge. Non-members will be charged $20 at the door (or that $20 can be applied to club membership). Club members meet once a month to discuss photography and critique work.
"Keep taking pictures and don't forget your personal portfolio," said Tim Carter, the Photo Club's President and Founder, owner of Carter Photographics.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- First phase of new Granby park nears finish
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Hot Sulphur Springs residents awake to find brown tap water