New director McCord joins Grand Futures Prevention Coalition
May 27, 2014
Megan McCord as the new Grand County director for Grand Futures Prevention Coalition, according to Grand Futures Managing Director Susie Baird.
Megan originally came to Northwest Colorado in 2011 after graduating from Southern Illinois University of Carbondale, Ill., with her BA in English. Megan served three years as an AmeriCorps member with Partners in Routt County and worked for two years with the youth of Soroco Middle School in Oak Creek, Colo. In her last year with Partners, Megan became the AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) Development Assistant for the organization focusing on grant writing, fundraising, community outreach, marketing and media awareness. Megan says she is excited to work for an organization like Grand Futures, which is dedicated to the big picture of preventing alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use in Northwest Colorado.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Local ladies open two new shops in downtown Granby
- Travel 700 mph through the Rocky Mountains? It’s now a possibility with Hyperloop One
- Man high on LSD allegedly assaults Rocky Mountain National Park ranger
- Snow on the mountain: First snow covers Grand County’s peaks (with photo gallery)
- Massive trail revamping begins in Fraser Valley: Project working on 38 trail developments