Nonprofit of the Week
May 1, 2014
The Early Education Center at Winter Park Resort has been a long-standing employee benefit, valued by parents and resort business managers with its location, proximity to base-area services, and Monday-Friday programming. The Center is proud of the quality of early childhood programs and the commitment of qualified Education Center teachers. Few resorts continue to offer on-site child-care development programs because of cost and risk factors, but the Resort remains committed to supporting the education center as a year-round employee service. The mission of the Education Center is quality child care by meeting the physical, cognitive, and social-emotional needs of participants. It has a current enrollment of 37 children from ages 2 months to 6 years. The Education Center has been a regular recipient of Grand Foundation grant funds, while also giving back to the local community via annual coat drives each October, and food drives in November, each benefitting the Mountain Family Center.
This feature is made possible in partnership with the Grand Foundation, in support of Grand County nonprofits.
Trending In: Announcements
- Grand County police blotter, Feb. 15-16
- Texas teenager’s death at Winter Park Resort the state’s 5th skier death of year
- Winter Park man charged with vehicle theft
- Grand County vets fellowship with 21st century soldiers at Warrior Bonfire Program
- Mother of child allegedly left on Granby Ranch lift rebuts denials