Nov. 20 pie sale benefits Grand County libraries
November 15, 2012
Cherry? Pumpkin? Apple? Berry? Dozens and dozens of home-baked pies in these and other flavors will be available for sale at the Grand County Administration Building on Tuesday, Nov. 20. Help yourself and the library by getting your pie(s) from the Hot Sulphur Springs Library’s annual Grand County Library Pie Sale.
For longer than 10 years, the Pie Sale has been the dedicated fundraiser for the Hot Sulphur Springs Library. “This is a truly community-based affair,” said Julie Horn, Hot Sulphur Springs branch librarian. “The sale is organized by volunteers and the pies are baked by community members.”
Last year, more than 100 pies were snatched up before the final hour. Pies, priced at $12 will be available from 9 a.m. until the pies are sold (usually by noon). Local bakers with a favorite recipe are invited to participate. Pie boxes are available at the Hot Sulphur Springs Library. Baked pies may be dropped off at the Hot Sulphur Springs Library on Monday, Nov 19 from 11a.m. to 6 p.m. or at the Grand County Administration Building from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning, Nov. 20. For more information about the sale, or if you are interested in donating a home-baked pie, contact Julie Horn at the Hot Sulphur Springs Library at 970-725-3942.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Local ladies open two new shops in downtown Granby
- Travel 700 mph through the Rocky Mountains? It’s now a possibility with Hyperloop One
- Man high on LSD allegedly assaults Rocky Mountain National Park ranger
- Snow on the mountain: First snow covers Grand County’s peaks (with photo gallery)
- Massive trail revamping begins in Fraser Valley: Project working on 38 trail developments