Open House about State Highway 9 project set for Nov. 7
January 1, 2014
GRAND COUNTY – The Colorado Department of Transportation is hosting a public open house to share information on the upcoming State Highway 9 Colorado River South Wildlife & Safety Improvements project.
SH 9 is an important route through Summit and Grand counties. Now — thanks to a very successful public-private partnership (including some dedicated private fundraising efforts) — the narrow stretch south of the Colorado River (just south of Kremmling), through Grand County and into north Summit County, will get some much-needed safety upgrades. The improvements will include shoulder widening, curve and hill flattening to increase motorist sight distance, and the first two wildlife overpasses on the state highway system (in addition to other wildlife features).
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- Fraser mulls registration program for short-term rentals, sales tax drop
- Discovery Channel’s Gold Rush, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots