Open House about State Highway 9 project set for Nov. 7
January 1, 2014
GRAND COUNTY – The Colorado Department of Transportation is hosting a public open house to share information on the upcoming State Highway 9 Colorado River South Wildlife & Safety Improvements project.
SH 9 is an important route through Summit and Grand counties. Now — thanks to a very successful public-private partnership (including some dedicated private fundraising efforts) — the narrow stretch south of the Colorado River (just south of Kremmling), through Grand County and into north Summit County, will get some much-needed safety upgrades. The improvements will include shoulder widening, curve and hill flattening to increase motorist sight distance, and the first two wildlife overpasses on the state highway system (in addition to other wildlife features).
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Blazing the trail: 68-year-old behind creation of River Ridge Trail in Fraser Valley
- Get the golden ticket: Granby police award good citizens
- Holzwarth history: 1920s-era dude ranch celebrates centennial in RMNP
- Sheriff recommends Grand County not implement fire restrictions
- Grand Lake bustles with Buffalo Days (with photo slideshow)