Scavenger Hunt Scheduled June 9 for Grand Futures
May 10, 2012
Grand Futures Prevention Coalition is holding its First Adventure 5K Scavenger Hunt on June 9 in Steamboat Springs.
Registration and check-in is from 8-9 a.m., with the race starting at 9 a.m. The event will be open to all, but is geared toward families as a fun-filled way to support the work of Grand Futures Prevention Coalition in turning youth away from substance use and toward healthy lifestyle choices.
Teams of four can vie for prizes as they follow the course through varied terrain and take on challenges at each of the three checkpoints.
A prize will also be awarded for best costume. Pre-registration, until June 1, is $100 for teams of four and $75 for family teams of four, consisting of at least one adult and children under 16. Participants can register after June 1 up until the day of the race, with a $20 late registration fee.
More information, sponsorship forms and online registration can be found on the GFPC website at http://www.grandfutures.org. You can also contact one of the three Grand County Prevention Coalition offices at 970-879-6188 (Routt County), 970-824-5752 (Moffat County) or 970-887-9655 (Grand County).
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- Oct. 16 tax deadline creeping up on extension filers
- Veteran Army combat medic sprung into action when teenage girl fell from fourth-floor hotel balcony in Glenwood Springs
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Looking for a shoulder-season escape? Here are 5 small-town getaways in northern Colorado