Stockum wins award
May 3, 2016
Music EdVentures, Inc. has awarded the 2016 Fleurette Sweeney Fellowship for Emerging Pioneers in Education to Mary Stockum, music teacher at West Grand Elementary and Middle School in Kremmling.
This fellowship and grant recognize and support teachers for their creativity, innovation, and leadership potential in applying the principles and practices of the SongWorks Approach to teaching. Music EdVentures mentors have been developing the SongWorks approach since first working with music education pioneers Mary Helen Richards and Fleurette Sweeney in the 1970s. Recipients of this award intend to further develop their skills as practitioners of SongWorks teaching and share its principles and practices with other educators.
Mary received her undergraduate degree from the University of Colorado at Boulder, and is working on her Masters of Music Education Degree at the University of Northern Colorado.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Massive trail revamping begins in Fraser Valley: Project working on 38 trail developments
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law