The important card in your wallet – a library card
December 9, 2015
The Grand County Library District has joined with the American Library Association (ALA) to make sure that everyone has the most important card of all in our wallets—a free library card. New cards feature Snoopy and Charlie Brown. Resources at the libraries in Grand County are available to anyone who has a library card and include 24/7 access to online resources such as e-books, e-audiobooks, e-magazines, and online learning; books, magazines, and audiobooks on CD; public computers with Internet access, Wi-Fi, office services, public meeting rooms, quiet study spaces, assistance from library staff, free library cards, and even musical instruments.
Grand County libraries aren't only a place for quiet study. They are creative and engaging community centers where you can collaborate using new technologies, learn how to use a variety of resources, or just relax with peers. Our libraries offer access to a variety of print and digital resources, including lynda.com which is an online education company offering thousands of video courses in software, creative, and business skills.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law