Updated: All four Grand Lake snowmobilers safe
March 17, 2016
All four snowmobilers are safe and off the trail as of 9:30 a.m. Monday morning.
According to John Sanderson, spokesman for Grand County Search and Rescue, they dug in last night and rode out this morning. The search team found them on the trail as they were driving out.
At 7:30 a.m. Monday morning Grand County Search and Rescue had set up their command center in Idelglen parking lot off County Road 4 in Grand Lake knowing that four experienced snowmobilers were overdue in the Grand Lake trail system. The snowmobilers last contact was 11 a.m. on Sunday. Details of their location were unknown and rescue crews have received a few pings from a cellphone but nothing was conclusive.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Massive trail revamping begins in Fraser Valley: Project working on 38 trail developments
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law