What’s happening at East Grand School District
December 6, 2016
Week of Dec. 5
• Winter weather: With winter suddenly upon us we want to remind everybody of our emergency procedures as well as some safety reminders. If school is cancelled we will notify all local radio stations as well as KOA and 9NEWS. We will also post cancellation information on our district web page and send out information through PowerSchool. Please make sure that your email and cell phone numbers are updated in PowerSchool so any notifications will be sent to you. We will try to call any cancellation early but that cannot always be the case. On adverse weather days that school is in session, which it most often will be, please do not leave your child at a bus stop unattended in the morning. In adverse conditions when school is not canceled, you may be uncomfortable sending your student to school, keeping your child home is always your choice, but please notify the school that they will not be in attendance. The student will need to make up any missed work but will not be punished or judged in any manner.
• You are invited to FVES's annual 5th Grade Poetry Slam at Rocky Mountain Roastery. On Thursday, December 15 at 10 a.m. We hope you can make it. Students will read original poetry and many parents attend. It is a great community event.
• I received this email from a student: "Mrs. McNertney, (teacher at GES) has two desk cycles that she got from a grant from the Education Association. I was able to try one. You can change gears from one to eight. It helped me because I could move and concentrate while I worked. "
• The FVES Holiday Sing & Play is December 14 at 2:30 p.m.. Parents are welcome to join in the fun.
• Events at the high school over the next couple of weeks: December 7 – MPHS/EGSD Band Concert, 6:30 p.m., December 8 – NHS Blood Drive, 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., December 10 – ACT Test at MPHS, December 10 – Knowledge Bowl @ Moffat County 9 a.m. to Noon, December 14 – MPHS/EGSD Holiday Choir Concert, 6:30 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
• "Art for a Cause" a student led fundraiser at FVE raised over $600 selling their artwork at the Holiday Artisan Fair. The money will be donated to two local charities: Mountain Family Center and Mountain Pet Rescue. Thank you students and parents for your support for the arts and community!!
• Keep your eyes out for two freshly painted snowplow blades by FVES students!!
• GES fifth-graders conducted interviews for jobs at Ameritowne on Monday, December 5. Thanks to all of the volunteers who helped with the interviews.
• A Scheuring Speed Sports (SSS) team Racer, Mechanic, and Team Leader, will be at MPHS on Dec. 13. They, in conjunction with the Air Force, will discuss the science and technology involved in the sport of Snocross, with students in Tom Wheatley's CAD class. SSS will also give away a scholarship to a promising student at the school visit as part of the "Race to the Future Scholarship Program."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Massive trail revamping begins in Fraser Valley: Project working on 38 trail developments
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law