Winter Park Resort’s Ski Down for Cancer returns March 22
March 7, 2014
WINTER PARK—While most know of the Winter Park Professional Ski Patrol's dedication to helping people, few realize its reach extends so far beyond the slopes of the mountain. On Saturday, March 22, Winter Park's Ski Patrol will partner with the Cavett Kids Foundation for the fourth annual TJV Ski Down for Cancer, benefiting the American Cancer Society and Cavett Kids.
Dedicated in honor of Thomas James Veit, a 12-year Winter Park ski patroller who lost his valiant battle with colon cancer in 2011, this year's TJV Ski Down for Cancer will consist of Winter Park employees and volunteers skiing/riding down Lower Hughes at around 5 p.m. to celebrate the lives of those who have been touched by this dreaded disease. After the Ski Down, a silent auction will be held at Doc's Roadhouse located at the base of Winter Park.
The event has grown exponentially each year and the hope is to make the fourth installment the best yet. To make a donation on-line, please visit http://www.winterparkresort.com/SkiTJV.
Trending In: Announcements
- Grand County coroner releases cause of death for Winter Park Resort skier
- Grand County police blotter: Dog bite results in ER trip
- Winter Park Express train remains a hit with Front Range skiers
- Just the Facts: Colorado’s diamond deposit (column)
- YMCA tax payback has East Grand School District eyeing tax hike