Work Your Pass Off day
May 19, 2016
Volunteers can earn a free annual pass for the Arapaho National Recreation Area (ANRA) by volunteering for a four-hour cleanup day Saturday, May 21. Meet at the Green Ridge Boat Launch on Shadow Mountain Lake or the Sunset Point Boat Launch on Lake Granby at 8 a.m. ready to pick up trash until noon along the lakeshores and recreation sites. Participants should dress appropriately; bring work gloves, snacks, water and rain gear.
In order to earn an annual ANRA pass, participants must be at least 18 years old and sign a volunteer agreement at one of the boat launches in the morning. Volunteers completing four hours of work will receive a voucher for an annual pass from Forest Service employees at the boat launches. The ANRA annual pass is valid for an entire immediate family for entrance to the recreation area for one calendar year. Therefore, only one family member need volunteer to earn a pass for their family.
For those who pay for their pass, the majority of fee receipts are reinvested in the ANRA to improve facilities, visitor services, and natural resource stewardship. For more information call 970-887-4100.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Letter to the editor: Constitution Week and Sharia law
- New Colorado rules on marijuana edibles aim to curb accidental use by kids