Burton opens at Winter Park Resort
December 16, 2016
The new Burton store at Winter Park Resort will have its Grand Opening on Saturday, Dec. 17. The Vermont-based snowboard shop offers retail board sales along with apparel, accessories, and a demo center. Burton has six employees at Winter Park.
Burton's US General Manager Elysa Walk said the company seeks out unique locations for their stores across the US. Walk said Burton has a good relationship with Intrawest and Winter Park's vacant storefront was the perfect spot. This is Burton's fifth store in Colorado. Walk said the company seeks new locations very carefully as they do not want to saturate the market for Burton stores in areas that are heavily populated with ski resorts. Burton's corporate sales team, some of which have not skied Winter Park before, will be making a trip to Colorado in January to see the new store.
The Grand Opening will include giveaways and group ride sessions to celebrate Burton's presence at Winter Park. There will also be a party at Doc's Roadhouse from 3-6 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Riddell: Knowing when to ‘fold’em’: When startups don’t make it
- Five Rings Financial offers education and long-term investment strategies
- Talking shop: Bob Fanch, Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort
- Vacation rentals may see stricter regulations in 2017
- Grand Elk subdivision looks to the future after tumultuous past
- Brian Ward, who died in Highway 9 crash, was commercial pilot, devoted husband
- Missing Aspen couple found dead below Capitol Peak summit
- Long-time Sky-Hi News columnist passes away at 71
- Grand County police blotter: Bear ‘wreaks havoc’ in Fraser; suspicious yellow bag at church
- BREAKING: Authorities find body of woman in Rocky Mountain National Park