Mental health clinic moves locations in Granby
September 19, 2013
GRANBY — Mind Springs Health, formerly Colorado West Mental Health, has moved locations from the former Granby airport to the old medical clinic in Granby, just north of the railroad bridge.
The former Centura Health building is owned by Middle Park Medical, which will be leasing the property to Mind Springs Health free of charge, according to Program Director Kathryn Davis.
"It is a really good move for us and it is a really good partnership with Middle Park Medical," Davis said.
The move is expected to help make mental health services more accessible than they were previously at the airport, Davis said.
Mind Springs Health offers education associated with violations of drinking under the influence and therapy. It treats and assists individuals suffering from a number of problems and mental health disorders, such as addiction and substance abuse, or mental disorders such as depression, schizophrenia, and post traumatic stress disorder.
The county leased the airport terminal building to Mind Springs health and is currently in the process of deciding what to do with the now-vacant building. The county is in the process of establishing an airport advisory committee to help in the decision-making.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- New Granby embroidery business can handle orders large and small
- Five Rings Financial offers education and long-term investment strategies
- (Re)opening shop: Middle Park Meats returns with new owners, same popular service
- Life-long learning in the beauty business
- Grand Elk subdivision looks to the future after tumultuous past
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- Discovery Channel’s Gold Rush, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- New ‘destination’ light show planned to brighten downtown Winter Park
- Hot Sulphur Springs man injured after falling wire knocks him into window