New business: WP French bakery
September 15, 2016
A new French bakery in Winter Park will have its grand opening on Friday, September 16.
Petite France will be open for their first day of business from 7:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Friday.
Owner and Chef Florence (Flo) Gerard has operated several restaurants in France and Belgium, and has a Petite France location in Grand Lake. She is excited to be expanding to Winter Park to spread her love of baking. At Petite France you will find croissants, pain au chocolat, chausson aux pommes, pain aux raisins, and many more classic French breakfast pastries. They also have a variety of breads, baguettes, fruit gosettes, pies, eclairs, and quiches. The bakery makes cakes for special events such as birthdays and weddings as well. Gerard said next month the bakery plans to open a deli shop including French cheeses and various French charcuteries.
"The Baguette today is often considered one of the symbols of French culture viewed from abroad." Gerard said. "At Petite France you will find exactly the same quality of Bread that you would in France."
Petite France is located at 78737 US Highway 40 in Winter Park and will be open from 7:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday.
Trending In: Business
- Grand County police blotter, Feb. 15-16
- Texas teenager’s death at Winter Park Resort the state’s 5th skier death of year
- Winter Park man charged with vehicle theft
- Grand County vets fellowship with 21st century soldiers at Warrior Bonfire Program
- Mother of child allegedly left on Granby Ranch lift rebuts denials