Winter Park McDonald’s celebrates newly renovated restaurant
December 13, 2013
Winter Park Mayor Jim Myers and local McDonald's owners, the Nichols Family, will kick off the grand opening of the newly improved Winter Park restaurant with a special literacy event. The Mayor and Ronald McDonald will read one of this year's One Book 4 Colorado selected books, and Ronald McDonald will read one of the McDonald's Happy Meal books to a group of children. The Mayor plans to cut the ribbon to reopen the restaurant. Children will receive Happy Meals and a complimentary book. Prizes such as an iPad Mini, Kindle Fire, 3 iPod shuffles, food prizes, and other giveaways will be raffled off during the event.
All Winter Park and Fraser residents are invited to join in on the fun. Free coffee, small drinks for adults and children's ice cream cones will be given out until 2 p.m. on Dec. 13. Other free menu items will be provided during the event and several special raffles will be given away, such as free Big Macs once a week for a year.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Massive trail revamping begins in Fraser Valley: Project working on 38 trail developments
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law