Yarbrough of Fraser plays Music on the Mall
August 9, 2013
Winter Park — Retta Yarbrough and her band will take the stage at Cooper Creek Square's Music On The Mall from 6 – 8 p.m. this Friday, Aug. 9, with accoustically driven rock and blues along with strong, soulful vocals.
Yarbrough was born in New Orleans and has been involved in music most of her life. While studying classical voice in college, she spent weekends gigging with numerous bluegrass, folk and rock bands. She's continued playing and writing, and has become a regular around the Denver/Front Range area. She brings her own unique flavors with strong vocals, along with great harmonies that make her music a real treat for the ears. Retta Yarbrough lives in Fraser, with her husband, photographer Carl Yarbrough.
Music On The Mall is a summer concert series held every Friday through August 31 from 6-8 p.m. at Cooper Creek Square in downtown Winter Park. The series is free and open to all ages. For more information go to http://www.coopercreeksquare.com or call 970-726-8891.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Winter Park man survives life-threatening heart condition
- Federal environmental study could bring big changes to Three Lakes System
- Grand County police blotter: Burned food at Granby senior center draws fire fighters
- De Vos: Thank God for Trump (column)
- Fraser River restoration project will get underway this summer