Yarbrough of Fraser plays Music on the Mall
August 9, 2013
Winter Park — Retta Yarbrough and her band will take the stage at Cooper Creek Square's Music On The Mall from 6 – 8 p.m. this Friday, Aug. 9, with accoustically driven rock and blues along with strong, soulful vocals.
Yarbrough was born in New Orleans and has been involved in music most of her life. While studying classical voice in college, she spent weekends gigging with numerous bluegrass, folk and rock bands. She's continued playing and writing, and has become a regular around the Denver/Front Range area. She brings her own unique flavors with strong vocals, along with great harmonies that make her music a real treat for the ears. Retta Yarbrough lives in Fraser, with her husband, photographer Carl Yarbrough.
Music On The Mall is a summer concert series held every Friday through August 31 from 6-8 p.m. at Cooper Creek Square in downtown Winter Park. The series is free and open to all ages. For more information go to http://www.coopercreeksquare.com or call 970-726-8891.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Blazing the trail: 68-year-old behind creation of River Ridge Trail in Fraser Valley
- Get the golden ticket: Granby police award good citizens
- Holzwarth history: 1920s-era dude ranch celebrates centennial in RMNP
- Sheriff recommends Grand County not implement fire restrictions
- Grand Lake bustles with Buffalo Days (with photo slideshow)