Granby " Jane Harmon hired as new principal for Middle Park High School
April 23, 2008
A new principal has been selected for Middle Park High School starting next school year.
At last week’s meeting, the East Grand Board of Education approved the hiring of Jane Harmon as the high school’s new leader.
Harmon is principal of Moffat County High School in Craig and has served in that position since August 2001. Moffat County High School has a student population of 700 compared with Middle Park High’s current enrollment of 413.
Prior to becoming principal of Moffat County High School, Harmon had served as the principal of White River High School in White River, S.D., from July 1998 to July 2001. Its student enrollment was 120.
In addition to her education administration positions, Harmon has extensive teaching experience, including:
– Jan. 2008 to present ” Instructor of “Introduction to Education” course at Colorado Northwest Community College in Craig
Recommended Stories For You
– July 2000 to July 2001 ” Instruction of “Technology for Teaching and Learning” course and site coordinator and co-instructor of the “Distance Teaching and Learning” program at Black Hills State University in Spearfish, S.D.
– Aug. 1997 to May 1998 ” English/journalism teacher (grades 9, 11 and 12) at Milbank Senior High School in Milbank, S.D.
– Aug. 1996 to July 1997 ” Principal/elementary teacher (grades 1-8) at Four Mile Christian School in Custer, S.D.
– Aug. 1993 to May 1996 ” English/speech/journalism teacher (grades 7, 9, 11 and 12) at Ponca Public School in Ponca, Neb.
Harmon’s education includes a bachelor’s degree from Southwest State University in Marshall, Minn., and a master’s degree from Chadron State College in Chadron, Neb.
Her community activities include: Grand Futures Board of Directors from 2007 to the present; past president and secretary of the Craig Rotary Club; and White River Lion’s Club (1999 Lion of the Year).