Granby Oktoberfest schedule of events
October 1, 2009
Friday, October 2
3 p.m.-9:30 p.m.
• Enjoy the music of bands Tanzkapelle and Claddagh and the flavors of beer, wine and Margaritas while you savor the tastes and flavors of Oktoberfest and the final Farmer’s Market of the Season.
• 3-6 p.m. – Tanzkapelle plays
• 6:30-9:30 p.m. – Band Claddagh performs
• 3-7 p.m. – Visit the Quilt Show at the Granby Community Center
Recommended Stories For You
• 3-9:30 p.m. – Live auction of Banner Winner Drawings, announcement of Scarecrow Contest winners
• 3-9 p.m., or as long as supplies last: The Granby produce farm owners Carol and Joe Morales will provide free locally grown vegetables as a way to “help feed the community.” With the exchange of canned goods for local food banks, customers qualify to receive the free fresh veggies.
Saturday, October 3
8 a.m.-Noon – Start the morning off with a quick 5K run in the Sunflower Fun Run
• Registration 7:15-8:15 a.m.
• Race starts at 8:30 a.m.
• 8:30-10:30 a.m. – Re-energize with the Rotary Pancake Breakfast at the events lot on Agate Avenue
• 10 a.m.-noon – Dog Agility Course, at the Sunpiper, Agate Avenue
• 9 a.m.-noon – Quilt Show at Granby Community Center