Police: Student ate more pot than recommended
December 15, 2014
DENVER — Authorities say a Wyoming college student who jumped to his death from a Denver hotel balcony ate more than the recommended serving of a marijuana cookie.
Police reports released Thursday said 19-year-old Levy Thamba Pongi consumed a little more than one cookie that his friend purchased from a pot shop.
The reports say a clerk told his friends to cut it into six pieces and eat one piece at a time. The friends did so, but it's unclear from the reports whether Pongi heard the advice.
Pongi's friends told investigators he began speaking erratically in French and pulling things off walls. Authorities say he then jumped to his death.
An autopsy report from the March 11 incident lists marijuana intoxication as a significant contributing factor in the death.
Trending In: Marijuana
- Winter Park man survives life-threatening heart condition
- Grand County police blotter: Burned food at Granby senior center draws fire fighters
- Grand County coroner releases cause of death for Winter Park Resort skier
- Grand County police blotter: Dog bite results in ER trip
- Federal environmental study could bring big changes to Three Lakes System