WP requests restraining order on BOCC
August 16, 2016
The Town of Winter Park (WP) is taking legal action against the Grand County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC).
District Court Judge Mary Hoak signed a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) on Monday August 15. The TRO was requested by WP and is directed at the BOCC and prevents the BOCC from holding additional Public Hearings related to a proposed marijuana retail business in a portion of unincorporated Grand County contained entirely within the borders of WP.
The Plaintiffs in the dispute, WP, initially filed a motion for both a TRO and a preliminary injunction on the matter. No formal proceedings have been scheduled regarding the preliminary injunction though WP may pursue the injunction by scheduling a preliminary hearing.
The TRO expires after 14 days.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Marijuana
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Winter Park holds visioning event to develop town’s master plan
- Letter to the editor: Constitution Week and Sharia law