Mountain Parks Electric will conduct meetings about advanced meters
March 24, 2015
GRANBY – Mountain Parks Electric (MPE) is investing in new advanced meters in an effort to improve the reliability and efficiency of its electric distribution system.
MPE will begin installing the new meters in May. An installation schedule will be updated periodically on MPE's website (mpei.com), its social media sites (on Facebook and Twitter) and in local media.
The impact of the installation is anticipated to be minimal. MPE members will lose power for a few minutes on the day of the installation. The subsequent electric bill will include two meter readings, one from the old meter and one from the new meter.
The new meters will enable MPE to improve several functions remotely, such as reading meters and reconnecting power.
Additional benefits of the meters include:
• Faster response to outages;
Recommended Stories For You
• More accurate information about outages;
More information about your power use ;
• Better detection of power theft.
MPE will be hosting the following Q&A public meetings about the new metering system:
• Granby: Wednesday, April 15, 5:30 p.m., MPE Granby office (Community Room)
• Kremmling: Thursday, April 16, 5:30 p.m., MPE Kremmling office (Community Room)
• Walden – Monday, April 20, 5:30 p.m., MPE Walden office (Community Room)
For more information, call MPE Granby offices at 970.887.3378 or access the FAQs document at http://www.mpei.com/advancedmeteringfaqs.