Betty Rust, Feb. 05, 1928 – May 08, 2014
May 13, 2014
Betty Rust, longtime Grand County resident, passed away May 8, 2014, in Grand Junction. She was 86.
Betty married Gerald Rust in Cabool, Mo, on Nov. 29, 1945, and shortly thereafter came to Grand County when Gerald began his career as a logger. She was an active bowler and also worked at the Winter Park Ski Shop.
She is survived by two daughters: Carolyn Berryman of Las Vegas, Nev, Leasha(Dennis) Raney of Dexter, Kan.; four sons, Paul (Marcia) Rust of Grand Junction, Gene Rust of Granby, Dan Rust of Delta and Tim Rust of Rocklin, Calif.; nine grandchildren, 23 great-grandchildren and two great-great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by Gerald and their daughter Dianna.
Services took place on Tuesday, May 13, at Callahan Edfast Mortuary in Grand Junction. Memorial contributions in her name may be made to HopeWest Hospice of Western Colorado.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law
- Massive trail revamping begins in Fraser Valley: Project working on 38 trail developments
- Family of 4 and dog dies in plane crash north of Glenwood Springs