Obituary: Carol Jean Meine, Oct. 15, 1930 – April 4, 2014
May 8, 2014
Carol Jean Schamper Meine, 83, of Mount Pleasant, Iowa, and Denver/Grand Lake/Mead, Colo., died on April 4, 2014 from heart complications.
Carol was born on Oct. 15, 1930. She was raised by her aunt and uncle Hassenfritz on a farm, and she rode tractors, milked cows and baled hay. She was Dairy Queen 1948 and a registered nurse with a certificate from St. Joseph's in Denver. She was married to the love of her life, Frederick John Meine, on May 28, 1955. Her interests included theater, crafts, painting, sewing and any new and wonderful project she could master. She was a very generous and creative soul. She is preceded in death by George and Anna Hassenfritz, John and Eva Schamper, and her siblings John, Maxine, Janet, and Velda.
She is survived by her spouse, Fred, and their children, William Frederick Meine (Melinda), Joanna Marie Huhman (Rich), James Edward Meine (Connie), Janet Lisa Meine, Diane Louise Meine, and Thomas Andrew Meine (Kathleen), 10 grandchildren, and one great-grandchild. Memorial services will be held at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Guardian Angel Catholic Church, 15179 Weld County Road 7, Mead, Colo. Reception in the Church Hall immediately after the service. Share thoughts, memories and condolences at http://www.howemortuary.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Local ladies open two new shops in downtown Granby
- Travel 700 mph through the Rocky Mountains? It’s now a possibility with Hyperloop One
- Man high on LSD allegedly assaults Rocky Mountain National Park ranger
- Snow on the mountain: First snow covers Grand County’s peaks (with photo gallery)
- Massive trail revamping begins in Fraser Valley: Project working on 38 trail developments