Obituary: David Lawrence Kurtak
April 21, 2015
David Lawrence Kurtak, 79, passed away on April 3, 2015. Born at home on his parent's farm in Snowden, Pa., Dave became a pilot, served in special forces, and landed on aircraft carriers while serving in the Navy as a young man. He studied electronics and electrical engineering at the University of Pittsburgh, started his own consulting company for the aluminum industry, and traveled the world throughout his life.
He and wife, Anne, moved to Colorado in the late '60s. They raised their three girls in Grand Lake and later Silver Creek. Dave loved skiing, fishing, splitting wood, football, dogs, gambling, his potato patch, his work, and resting in the sun.
He is survived by his wife Anne Kurtak, daughters Karen of Idledale, Elizabeth and Lara of Fraser, sister Mary Ellen and brother Joseph.
A funeral service will be held at Ft. Logan Cemetery on April 24 at 3 p.m. Reception to follow.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Local ladies open two new shops in downtown Granby
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Travel 700 mph through the Rocky Mountains? It’s now a possibility with Hyperloop One
- Man high on LSD allegedly assaults Rocky Mountain National Park ranger