Obituary: Godfrey Milan Krizan, March 29, 1931 – May 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Milan Krizan, 83, of Brush, Colo., passed away on Sunday, May 11, 2014 at Northern Colorado Hospice.
Milan was born in Veteran, N.Y. on March 29, 1931, to John Krizan and Susan (Boor) Krizan. He was a 1949 graduate of Farley High School in Colfax County, N.M., and later served as a United States Marine. Milan worked most of his life in the ranching industry and enjoyed the rural lifestyle. He enjoyed fishing, hunting and spending time with his family.
Milan is survived by his children, Ron (Naomi) Krizan of Laramie, Wyo., John (Vicki) Krizan of Greeley, Colo., Bonnie (Karl) Keller of Alamosa, Colo.; siblings SA Bennett of Clayton, N.M., Elizabeth Plottner of Raton, N.M., and six grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife Dona (Pritchard) Krizan, his parents, his brothers Ed and John Wayne and his sister Pauline Martin.
Cremation was chosen and a Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, June 2, 2014, at Rankin Presbyterian Church in Brush, Colo., In lieu of flowers, contributions are suggested in Milan's name to Hospice of Northern Colorado or the Wounded Warrior Project.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Local ladies open two new shops in downtown Granby
- Travel 700 mph through the Rocky Mountains? It’s now a possibility with Hyperloop One
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Man high on LSD allegedly assaults Rocky Mountain National Park ranger
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law