Obituary: Harriett Russell
July 1, 2013
Harriet Russell passed away peacefully April 10, 2013. She was born in Pampa, Texas where she spent her early years and graduated from Pampa High School. Harriet attended the University of Colorado at Boulder, and went on to marry Richard Russell. She spent much of her life in Grand Lake Colorado, a place she dearly loved.
She will be remembered for her contagious smile and gregarious nature. She lived her life fully and never lost her sense of curiosity and adventure. She maintained her positive attitude through times of adversity without complaint. Her southern charm and generosity touched many and she will be deeply missed.
She is survived by two children, Rich Russell (Fiona) of Valley Center, California, Karen Grangetto (Eddie) of Escondido, California, as well as two grandchildren, and her long time companion, Don Fisher, of Boulder, Colorado. A Celebration of Life will be held in Grand Lake on July 21 at Daven Haven.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law